Most of the women and a few men will suffer from a yeast infection at some point in their lives. A yeast infection is commonly caused by fungus Candida albicans that are frequently caused by many other species of candida like the C Glabrata, C. Parapsilosis, C tropicalis and C Krusei. About 80% of the women suffer from vaginal yeast infection in their lives, and near about 20-30 percent of males suffer from the genital or oral yeast infection. Out of these 20-30%, 10% is transferred through a prostitute (women).
The term Yeast infection is normally referred to as vaginal yeast infection. However, the disease can attack both men and women. It occurs in warm and moist areas of your body like genital areas, armpits, and groin. Today we’ll be going through yeast infection treatment, precautionary measures and some extra tip to prevent this disease from recurring. But before that let me give you a quick overlook of primary symptoms of yeast infection.
Symptoms of yeast infection in men and women
There is no big difference between the symptoms of yeast infection in men and women, except a few which I will highlight if any.
- You will experience severe itching and burning sensation during
- Both and men and women will have pain while having sex with their partner.
- White or gray thick lumpy discharges from the vagina or penis occur. This leaves an atrocious
- Women will notice a swelled and red vulva while men will experience a swollen penis head with inflammation of the penis.
Treatment for yeast infection
It is important that you must get treated for yeast infection. The best and recommended method is to consult your doctor, try out some trusted yeast infection treatment products or adopt some safe home remedies for yeast infection.
Once you have determined all the symptoms and are quite sure that you have a yeast infection, you can try out these home remedies for yeast infection. Whether you are looking for male yeast infection treatment or women yeast infection treatment, these remedies work perfectly for both genders.
Home remedies for Yeast infection
Yogurt contains Lactobacillus Acidophilus, which is a friendly strain of bacteria. This helps in controlling the growth of yeast cells that causes a yeast infection. You can prepare yogurt at home that is best, else buy from some trusted brand that manufactures pure yogurt without any preservatives or artificial flavors mixed in it.
How to Use Yogurt?
- This might sound weird, but you have to apply plain yogurt on the infected area of your skin externally. It can be your genital part or your armpits and even mouth. Gently massage the area with the palm and fingertips of your hands and allow it to rest there for at least 20-30 minutes. While applying on your genital parts, you have to remain naked without wearing any underwear or pants. This helps in relieving the itching sensation instantly and also kills that harmful bacteria.
- Alternatively you can dip a tampon in yogurt and then insert in your vagina for about 2 hours. Repeat the process at least twice a day. In case of men, apply yogurt directly to their penis head or foreskin.
- Finally, use yogurt with your daily meals. Half KG of yogurt a day would be enough.
2) Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an excellent natural home remedy for many different types of diseases. It contains significant antifungal properties that help in killing the harmful fungi and also controls the abnormal growth of yeast cells. Moreover, coconut oil acts as a great lubricant that gives instant relief from soreness, pain, and itching.
How to use Coconut Oil?
- When using externally, take a tablespoon of coconut oil in your palm and apply on affected areas with a gentle massage. Repeat the process three times a day. Apply once early in the morning, once in noon and finally before going to bed.
- You can mix coconut oil with cinnamon oil and then use it to your affected area. Cinnamon oil also contains antifungal properties, and when mixed with coconut oil serves as a great natural remedy.
- If you are suffering from oral thrush, you can swish the oil in your mouth for about 5-10 minutes. After spitting it out, don’t rinse instantly, instead wait for another 10-15 minutes. You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil for perfect results. Repeat the process 3-5 times a day.
3) Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar and white vinegar are rich sources of some distinctive components that helps a lot in controlling yeast infection and getting rid of fungi that causes it. The taste can be a bit sour, but this remedy is extremely efficient, and we highly recommend you must try it.
How to use Apple cider vinegar?
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm or lukewarm water. Drink the mixture twice or thrice a day. An organic apple cider vinegar gives a murky brown color.
- You can prepare a hot bath and add apple cider vinegar. Then soak your body for at least an hour. This will lessen the irritation and itching of the skin.
- You can also dilute white or apple cider vinegar with plain water and apply it directly to the infected area. Let the solution rest there for at least half hour. Finally, rinse off.
Garlic is a well-known herb that helps in curing various ailments. It also has antifungal, antibacterial and natural antibiotic properties that can be highly useful in treating different kinds of yeast infections.
How to use Garlic?
- Crush a few garlic cloves and make a thick paste. Now apply this paste directly on the affected areas of your skin or genital parts. Always use fresh garlic, else you can dilute the garlic oil with vitamin E oil along with a few drop of coconut oil. Finally apply the mixture on the affected parts.
- You can take some garlic tablets or eat fresh garlic It will have a bitter taste but is extremely beneficial for curing yeast infection. Moreover, garlic cloves also eliminate bad breath.
Cranberries contain antibacterial and antifungal properties that help in fighting the fungi causing a yeast infection. Cranberries have been touted to treat urinary track and other bladder infections.
How to use Cranberries?
- You can drink unsweetened cranberry juice as much as you like. Normally three small glasses of cranberry juice are This accelerates the healing process and provides you visible results within a short period.
- You can also take cranberry tablets two to three times in a day. They are available at natural health stores.
6) Boric Acid
Boric Acid, being a chemical substance has mild antiseptic and antifungal components that help in curing yeast infection. When medical treatments for yeast infection weren’t available, people used boric acid to get relief from pain and itching. Also, it helps to prevent the further growth of yeast cells.
How to use Boric Acid?
- Dilute boric acid with water. You can add some suitable amount, but don’t add too much.
- Now apply the diluted solution on the affected parts and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Finally rinse the area with water, and properly wipe your genitals or other skin parts.
- Repeat the process daily for at least one week.
7) Tea Tree Oil
As discussed earlier that tea tree oil is a rich source of natural antifungal, antibacterial and antibiotic properties that help in natural yeast infection treatment. This works perfectly for men and women. However, if you are pregnant women, avoid using this remedy because the properties of tea tree oil might be harmful to the baby.
How to use tea tree oil?
- Dilute natural tea tree oil in water and add a teaspoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil. Now rub the diluted oil over your infected skin area 3-5 times a day.
- You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil on a tampon and insert it into your vagina for 2 hours. Men can apply directly on their penis head. Repeat the process daily for at least a week.
8) Oregano oil
Oregano oil has the goodness of antifungal properties, and it tends to strengthen your immune system to fight against diseases. It is easily available at some grocery stores and natural health pharmacies.
How to use oregano oil?
- You can directly apply the oil on affected areas of your skin. It helps in alleviating irritation and rashes on your skins, especially the genital parts. For best results, you can dilute it with olive oil.
- Alternatively, you can eat tablets of oregano oil two times a day.
- Oregano oil gradually gives relief. To experience results, you have to repeat the process for at least 1-2 weeks.
Calendula is a natural herb that possesses antifungal and anti-inflammatory components. These elements help in treating yeast infection in short time.
How to use Calendula?
- Simply crush two or three calendula leaves and apply them topically to your infected areas. Repeat the process three times a day. Always use fresh calendula leaves for optimum results, and gently crush them.
- Alternatively, you can drink tea made from calendula leaves. It is useful for treating a yeast However, pregnant women must avoid drinking tea.
- In case, you cannot find fresh leaves of calendula, use calendula lotion.
10) Olive Leaf Extract
Olive leaf extract is very effective in treating a yeast infection. It has great antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory components that aid in controlling yeast cell overgrowth and heals quickly. Moreover, olive leaf extract encourages the growth of good bacteria in your body and strengthens your immune system.
How to use olive leaf extract?
- You can easily make olive leaf extract at home. Take fresh olive leaves and chop them. Then put the chopped leaves in a glass jar and pour vodka over the leaves until they are completely covered. Finally close the lid and store the jar in a dark place for four
- After a month strain, those dipped leaves in another glass jar.
- Now it’s time to apply the solution on your infected parts of the skin and genitals.
- Repeat the process three to five times a day.
Olive leaf extract is time consuming, but this remedy is extremely efficient and provides instant results.
Who can use these remedies for yeast infection treatment?
As I said earlier that these remedies work perfectly both for men and women. However, pregnant women must take care while using some of these remedies like the cranberry juice or calendula leave tea treatment. Many of the ingredients used in the above remedies are readily available in your kitchen. If not, you can buy them from a health store. They are very inexpensive and far better than costly doctor visits.
When will I notice changes in my infection?
You have to repeat the process for at least 1-2 weeks to notice some good results. Don’t expect an overnight miraculous cure. Though you do get instant relief, but for the remedies to heal the infection completely requires at least 1-2 weeks. You have to be very patient.
Other available methods
- Visit a professional physician near your place, or
- Try out some trusted yeast infection treatment products.
These remedies are very effective to get rid of yeast infection. I’ve put my maximum efforts and knowledge to help you out in getting rid of this frustrating and annoying disease. You can pick a couple of these remedies and use them as per instructions on a daily basis.
If you need any help regarding any issue, feel free to contact use. Don’t forget to subscribe to latest news on yeast infection and its cures.